Sunday, February 3, 2008

Weekly Recap 01/28/08 - 02/03/08

Monday: Biked 21.23 miles, finally able to ride outside! Ab workout in the evening.

Tuesday: Tempo run (5.5 miles) in the morning, swam in the evening.

Wednesday: Ran a very easy recovery run (4.5 miles) in the morning. Swam in the evening with TNT.

Thursday: Rode on the trainers with TNT in the evening, then went to the pool. Cramped a little at the pool, but all in all it was a good workout.

Friday: Rest day!

Saturday: Ran 8 miles in the morning, biked 21 in the afternoon. Intended to do a core workout in the evening, but my throat was feeling sore and I've been around a lot of sick students/runners lately. I erred on the side of caution and opted for more sleep.

Sunday: Swam 1 mile in the morning (great swim!) then went out to eat with TNT. Ran 5 1/2 miles in the evening with Bluegrass Runners, went a little harder than planned.

Total run: 23.42 miles (+1 from last non-rest week)
Total bike: 62.46 miles (+2 from last non-rest week)
Total swim: 2.5 miles (+0.25 from last non-rest week)

---------------------------------------------------

Another great week! I really don't get sick of saying that, and I doubt I ever will. At the end of the week I feel surprisingly fresh, after a pretty grueling weekend. Somehow I'm not feeling Saturday's workouts at all!

As I mentioned above, my run today was a lot quicker than I planned on it being. But thats not all bad, because it taught me something: even more progress than I mentioned yesterday. I averaged 6:46/mile, but my average heart rate was only 164. A few weeks ago my heart rate would be that high when running 45 seconds slower per mile! Hells yeah, you know what progress does!

Finally, I'm really starting to think about this Half Ironman in Racine. I brought it up at lunch with TNT today, and one of the other members said she has 12 people who are carpooling to the race and renting a house for the weekend and that I could easily join them. That also means there are training partners. I only have one hundred sixty five reasons not to register now: the entry fee. It's probably going to happen. I just gotta roll it around in my head for a few days before I commit!

I hope everybody has had a great week; I know I have!

3 comments:

nwgdc said...

dude, i gotta get my training up tempo if i'm going to keep up with you! 6:46 a mile for over 5 miles?! sheesh! i may be in trouble...

Nancy said...

Good for you rocking though another training week. You are doing so awesome. I'm hoping to be back to some running this week. Let's hope.

P.O.M. said...

Hells yeah - have a great week.