Saturday, March 8, 2008

SPRING BREAK! WOOO hoooo....?

Finally. Spring break. The college student's mental vacation to kick back, relax, have a good time, and enjoy the spring weather.

Right?


Sure, whatever you say.

Last night we got 4-5 inches of snow, with a couple more on the forecast. Great way to kick off break, eh? Oh well, it'll keep me inside to actually get work done. That's the optimistic part of me this morning.

Here's my superfun plans for break:


  • Finish database project
  • Get reasonably far in animation project
  • Start compilers project
  • Grade stuff
  • Grade more stuff
  • Send out more TNT letters
  • Go home if I have time


Sounds like a plan, right homies?


I'm actually not ALL complaints, because I actually find a lot of this stuff interesting. Just not as interesting as, say, riding my bike outside. Or running without bundling. Or hell, running at all, since I'm forcing myself to take a full week off due to my knee (next run is Tuesday). I'm about halfway there and I'm already desperate for some endorphins, but you could probably tell that just by reading!


To top it all off, last night I emailed a professor to clarify something in our project. It was a legitimate question about something ambiguous in the way the project was worded. His response? Very condescending, misspelled my name (come on, it's in my signature), etc, etc.


Finally, on a positive note, I've been doing a lot of planning for the Garmin type project I mentioned a few days ago. The name of the project is going to be ... *drum roll*... Endurance Trends. I'm also going to make it a little bigger than originally planned, but that part's going to be a surprise a little bit further down the road, stay tuned!

3 comments:

Stuart said...

And you go to school in Kentucky bacause...

Enjoy the thaw, ehh sorry, Spring Break!

Run For Life said...

I hate marking papers, good luck with that part of the break.

That prof needs a kick in the pants. I hope he answered the question after being an idiot.

I like the name Endurance Trends.

This comment is kind of discombobulated but oh well. Hope your week gets better. :)

Marcy said...

Spring Break means you leave to a warmer destination and have some nice drinkys :P Ahhhhhhhh memories . . .
thanks for the trip down memory lane LOL