Thursday, July 16, 2009

Who's this guy?

And what is he doing writing a blog? He doesn't do that. Ever. Will the post every six months trend continue? Who knows. Time will tell.

This last semester was a rough one with surgery, PT, and what not so I'm looking at one more fairly easy semester to wrap things up in grad school; not the end of the world by any means, so I'm making the best of it.

I've been running and biking again lately. Nothing major, but running 2-3 miles a couple times a week, and biking upwards of 20 miles in a go, also a few times a week. I tried out yoga, although my schedule hasn't been letting me fit it in the past two weeks. Maybe I'll get back into it.

For now the game plan is to workout to enjoy it. No races. No immaculately laid out spreadsheets of my weekly mileage. No major short term goals other than enjoying the fact that I'm moving again. Although, I will admit, running another marathon at some point in the future would be amazing.

Also, I have a new friend. His name is Comet. He's my 8 week old border collie that I brought home this Tuesday. And he is the cutest damn puppy in the entire world, hands down. Next spring, when he's old enough, he'll be my running partner. For now, I just put all my effort into tiring him out. Take a look!

Playing outside

Being handsome

All tuckered out

2 comments:

Run For Life said...

Glad to hear things are progressing! At least you're running and biking regularly - that's awesome progress.

Can I steal your puppy?! He's adorable!

mobiljogja said...

wow awesome progress..like this