Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Accomplishments

These past few days have been crazy busy! Between swimming, biking, running, classes, grading, and projects I've hardly had a moment to relax. But the great thing about it is the sense of accomplishment that comes along with it. This post is mostly just me patting myself on the back, but I think I deserve it!

Here's what I got:
  • Biked 33 miles. You guys know the story.
  • I'm really getting down my swimming drills. Going back for more in a little bit!
  • My 3.1 mile run today simply felt monumental. I don't know what the big difference between 2 and 3 miles is, but this run felt very significant. Nothing hurt, and it still doesn't! Rock on!
  • I am 100% caught up on grading until more gets turned in on Friday.
  • In my classes, I'm the only one who doesn't look like they could drop dead at any moment due to the sheer amount of stress. Taking time to take care of myself really pays off.
  • My final graphics project is pretty much complete. And I'm really, really enjoying this stuff. I'm hoping I have some time on break to do a little more with it. You guys know what it means when I get excited. It means you get to hear about it. But a pictures worth a thousand words, so here is a little look into what a first semester graduate student in graphics can do.
Some basic shapes, who said math wasn't beautiful?

Reflections and shadows

A scene combining everything, including some transparency


Everything is winding down. Sort of. I have one project left to do, and then finals. I'm determined to still find time to swim, bike, and run as much as usual. So far sticking with it has been paying off big time.

6 comments:

Stuart said...

Sounds like a well rounded day/week and the graphics are really puurrttyy!

nwgdc said...

You're one of those guys with a major in dork and minor in geek, aren't you?
That's what my wife referred to my studies as, anyway.

Nancy said...

Wow, some great things there. CONGRATs on all the accomplishments.

Are you well enough to do 8? You could break it up into chunks if you need to. (Cuz I'm the director and I say it's okay!) :D

Bill Carter said...

Strong mind and body.. that's what you've got and I'm happy for you. Cool pictures BTW. Are you in for the 8 on the 8th??

Nancy said...

Doug - Just put together some kind of synapsis of your 8 miles so I can link to it. nobody is going to care if you did 8 all at once or on different days. If they do, we don't want 'em anyway. :D

Marcy said...

Sweet!!! Definitely something to pat yourself on the back for ;-)