Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Feelin' It

The day after the five mile run with Bill my hip was feeling... surprisingly good! At one point I thought I was going to pay for making the big jump to five miles, but it looks like I'm recovering just fine.

During the past week or two the majority of my runs have been an easy three miles, and I've been handling it pretty well. But since seeing that I can handle five, I'm bumping up the easy runs up a little bit. Ah, progress!

Today I woke up (at 11) and went for a solid four mile run. I pushed the pace a little bit, and was surprised how much I was feeling it. I started getting side stitches just a few miles in. Gotta love the aches and pains of rebuilding; it's so much better than being lazy!

Here's the splits:

7:08
6:59
7:23
7:24

After getting some food in me, I went out on the bike. I started with my sister, but she wasn't joking about taking it easy. I went ahead and went my own pace after a mile or so, and got in a good workout. Here's the digits:

Distance: 12.01 miles
Time: 44:25
Speed: 16.2 MPH

And here is what Garmin says about my bike and run.

5 comments:

Bill Carter said...

Glad to hear that hip is not treating you too badly. The beginning of that run was on some pretty slippery stuff and I thought we both might end up with sprained ankles and hip injuries. I certainly enjoyed it though.. practically all my running is done solo because there is just no one to run with.
Glad we took it easy... or you took it easy on me!

Dave - Atlanta Trails said...

I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. You're already way faster than me again. Keep it up!

Jess said...

Glad everything is going so well for you and your hip! Soon, you two will be well enough to hit the town together!

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Looks like Christmas just keeps giving. Glad the 4 and 5 miler are treating you well!

Marcy said...

Are you secretly trying to make me jealous?!? 11am wakeup?!?! LOL Sad thing is that even if I was given the opportunity, my body would just wake up at 7am anyway *sigh*