Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Debut Delayed

Well, running is delayed another week. But, in all honesty, it's probably for the best, right?

I had another appointment with my PT this morning, and he's telling me to take it easy with the running until I go home for Thanksgiving next week. So I have one more week to wait, although deep down I think I'm glad he's telling me to wait. He's the first person who has told me I need to hold off on the running. Until now, everybody else has been saying I need to try it out and see how it goes, even though I haven't felt like my body is ready for it. Maybe this extra week will be enough.

But I do have even more exercises to do now, just more to keep me busy! Right now I think I'm actually spending more time on my fitness than I was when I ran 40 miles a week. I have 90 minutes a day of stretching and PT exercises per day, ab workouts 3 times a week, and swimming about 5-6 hours a week. All in all we're talking about 18 hours a week, man does it add up fast!

Thats almost as many hours of training spent when training for an Ironman.

Crap, I said it out loud.

7 comments:

Dave - Atlanta Trails said...

Listen to your body. Nothing is more accurate in determining when you are really ready to come back. We're in the same boat on that one.

Anonymous said...

I know I have said it before - but don't underestimate the power of a good walk (both mentally and physically).

I am so glad that you are bit...or almost bitten....by the TRI bug - it is even more addictive than running.

Marcy said...

Ironman huh? You're a lunatic! LOL

Nancy said...

You are dedicating a lot of time to this. Lesser folks would have given up. Great job hanging in there and staying positive. :D

Jes said...

Ironman huh? Sweet! I'll be cheering you on. (o;

Definitely don't run until you think you are ready. And great job sticking to your work-outs!

Bill Carter said...

Ok, a confession. I have always dreamed of doing the Hawaii (sp?) triathalon. I'm a runner first and foremost, but there is some sort of mystique about that race.

Stuart said...

Hah and everybody laughed at me for stretching for 90 mins' a day!

Oh and did I hear the IM Bomb!