Thursday, November 15, 2007

Minor Triumphs

Today was pretty busy, hence me not posting anything until 11:41PM. Swimming went really poorly today. I started out the workout hungry, started to get heartburn halfway through, and for some reason all the good form I learned the past week completely disappeared.

Since I felt like crap afterwards, I decided to focus on the little triumphs today:
  • I aced another assignment I swore I bombed
  • I touched my toes without bending my knees for the first time in over 22 years
  • I finished an assignment that I procrastinated way too long (see #4 from yesterday's post)
  • I shared a lot of useful information on running with a girl at the PT's office who is planning to start running soon
  • I stuck with the swimming tonight no matter how frustrated I got
  • I have enough self control not to run until Wednesday, despite feeling truly injury free today

7 comments:

Jes said...

Thanks for the swimming tips! I really appreciate it and will have to try catching more water in my mouth (if that's possible. lol).

Congrats on all of your accomplishments. I wouldn't necessarily call them "minor" however.

Have a great weekend!

Marcy said...

So what kind of "useful" information was that? Your digits? ;-)

Jess said...

Too bad the swimming didn't go well, but at least you stuck with it!

nwgdc said...

hahaha i agree with marcy...i had the same thought!

bill carter said...

Oh that Marcy... she is a sneaky one. I also hope that you scored some "digits".
No running until next Wednesday was your gentlemen's agreement with the hip... best stick to it.

Non-Runner Nancy said...

Way to focus on the wins. They are nothing to sneeze at. Hang in there. You did hill work with me yesterday :D

Amy said...

I appreciate how cool it is to touch your toes. When I started stretching again it was a cool day when the fingers met the toes. Hang on to that moment - it goes away so quickly when you stop stretching religiously.