Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thirteen Miles with the Stumblers

Ah, how I love running with Todds Road Stumblers. Theres just something about meeting up with 30-40 people on Saturday morning, and a great bunch of people at that! Theres people of all ages and ability. I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest at 22, and theres one guy in his 80's. Eighty years old and running strong, unbelievable! After the run people hang out for an hour or longer just shooting the breeze, its a great way to meet great people.

As far as the run, I ran with Val and John for most of the run. John dropped back around 6 or 7 miles, and Val dropped around 10, so I pushed it fairly hard for the last 3 miles because I was feeling fresh. I'm still amazed by how beautiful it is out there by all the horse farms of Kentucky, I really need to remember to take some pictures one of these days!

My right foot is still giving me a little nagging pain, but never when I'm running. According to my Runners Repair Manual, it sounds like cuboid pain, which is a symptom of a 'weak foot'. I've narrowed the cause down to three things: I need different shoes, carrying a water bottle on the left is causing me to compensate with more weight on my right foot, or maybe it is due to running on roads which are slanted. Later today I'll go to the running store; regardless I'm continuing to heat/ice it, but I don't think it will get completely better until I get to the root of it!

I also got more birthday stuff in the mail today; an underarmour shirt, running socks, and cookies! I think my family is trying to fatten me up a little bit, but I'm in college, I'll take free food!

Happy running,

-Doug

No comments: