Friday, October 12, 2007

Getting Fixed Up!

I finally caved in and decided to get some professional help with this busted hip of mine. Sure, its not horribly painful, but it just won't go away. Nagging problems are the worst, I wish it would just hurt like hell for a couple days then get outta here! Thanks to Nic, who suggested a good chiropractor in my area. It turns out its a guy I run with, small world eh? (I think the Canadians I met in Chicago rubbed off on me eh?)

My appointment is for 4 o'clock on Monday, and I decided I'm not going to run until after the appointment. My only worry with doing this is that the spot is going to go away again and I won't be able to tell him precisely where its hurting, without going out and doing some damage to it!

The ol' legs are feeling pretty much back to normal today. A little tightness in my calves, but its practically gone. I jumped on the exercise bike today since I'm not running; gotta do something to stay sane! Just 40 minutes, I went 14 miles. No big thing.

Time to stop killing time and get to work on all the stuff I have to do, my lazy day yesterday definitely destroyed my weekend!

-Doug

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Let me know how the hip goes. I have one that is giving me fits too. It's been months. I thought it was a strengthening thing but it doesn't seem to get any better.

Marcy said...

Ohhh yeah just 14 miles, no big thang :P

Gotta love those Canadians and the "eh" hehe. Thanks to you, I'll probably be using that in all of my posts from now on LOL

Jes said...

I hope your hip feels better soon! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am on week 8 with my hip - it is slow to come around - would be better if I just stopped running. Let me know what you find out from your chiro.

Bill Carter said...

Hey man. I guess it is time to start getting your plans ready for Richmond. That will get your head back in the right place and you can just act like that whole Chicago Marathon (running in a sauna experience thing) never really happened.

Jess said...

You'll have to let us know what the doctor says.