Sunday, October 7, 2007

PR'ed

This isn't a race report. Expect one tomorrow. I need to do this whole weekend justice because its been quite a trip and isn't over yet. I'm not even back in Kentucky yet, so I'll go into those details when I get back!

I didn't go under three. I didn't BQ. But I did PR. And what a race to PR at, this is a race which will be remember by runners for years to come! "Do you remember the year Chicago was canceled?" It was a real tragedy, but I'm sure you have all heard the details elsewhere.

The details some people might like to here are that I finished in 3:21:22. My unofficial place was 721 out of 44,000 starters.

Thanks to everyone who was cheering me on from the sidelines, and great job to everybody who ran today! I really look forward to reading your race reports!

-Doug

7 comments:

Jes said...

Congratulations! That time is amazing! I'm looking forward to hearing about the weekend. Have a safe trip home. (o:

Nancy said...

Great job, I cannot imagine how brutal this was. I was watching on line and worrying about everyone as the heat went up. I'm so glad you made it and a PR to boot. CONGRATS!!

Tiffany said...

Way to go... that is fantastic.

I am still a tad bitter after my super-expensive 18 mile training run.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Doug on a great time in that weather! I hope the hip/back held up for you too!

P.O.M. said...

Great job! Glad to hear you survived it - looking forward to hearing the details.

Jess said...

That is excellent Doug! Good for you!

Stuart said...

Great job Doug, it was a brutal day for all.