Friday, November 23, 2007

One Point Five Miles

I'm really moving up in the world now! I actually left the subdivision, however briefly, when I went for my run this morning.

My hip felt good during the run, afterwards its feeling tight again. It doesn't really hurt, but it doesn't feel perfectly normal. I stretched out good before and after, which made it feel quite a bit better. We'll see how its doing later.

Right now the plan is to run every other day, increasing by half a mile each run. Once I get up to 4-5 miles I'll start to feel like I'm in the clear, I think. For now, each run feels like a pretty major milestone, but I'm not letting myself get too excited until I know I can sustain running every other day without doing damage.

On another note, Thanksgiving dinner was pretty good yesterday. I woke up with a pretty nasty cold and had to do homework all day, so it wasn't an ideal holiday, but we had some really great food and I got to hang out with the family for a while. Its so nice to have good food again after living like a college student the past couple months!

Time to get back to the ol' homework so I can think about swimming tonight!

4 comments:

Jess said...

That's a very smart plan and good job on what you got done. Hope you get through the cold quickly!

Stuart said...

Steady tiger...build in some recovery even between those little increments!

Nancy said...

Glad you are getting out there!!!!

Bill Carter said...

Nice to hear you had a great Thanksgiving. Having a family that you are close to (like you and your sister) is a great strength in what can be a pretty tough world.
It certainly sounds like your hip is getting better. Just don't push it too much. That's the thing though... it seems like this injury will in the long run be an OK thing because it has put you in better touch with your body. I don't know if it is talking louder or your listening more, but the relationship between your body and mind will help you stay healthy.
We are so doing Paint Creek Trail.