Friday, February 22, 2008

Lazy Week

This has to have been the most low key week that I've had, workout wise, this entire year. Everything is encouraging me to take it easy, so I have been. I'm not going to lose that much fitness by going extra easy on a planned easy week. In fact, I might even gain something!

I skipped biking on Monday and swimming on Tuesday. Last night I had every intention of doing my bike-swim brick, but then an ice storm hit and everything got canceled since a quarter inch of ice was on the forecast.

Because of all this rest, though, I'm back to feeling back to normal. No more sore throat. No more being drugged up all day long. No more blowing my body weight in snot out of my nose every day. Although, I will admit to feeling a little bit lethargic since I haven't worked out since Wednesday morning. Seriously, how do those non-runners do it? No exercise = no energy.

Despite my apparent laziness on the workout front, school has been keeping me crazy busy. Between giving my first exam and having some seriously challenging programming projects, my free time has whithered away to nothing this week. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this weekend; it's gonna be a good one!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Damn, just reading that you got sick and think you may have over done it. Live and learn. You broke it down far enough that some little nasty virus got through your defenses. Jerk Face. I hate viruses. If it's any consulation, they can be pretty persistent and they might have gotten to you, even if you weren't a little run down. Rest, hydrate, and you will be back to normal soon.

Take care!

Lily on the Road said...

Hi, found you through the Runners' Lounge!

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Take it easy, one week off will by no means harm you. Been having the same kind of week too....chill'axxx, you'll be better in no time.

Look after yourself

Christine said...

Thats how I am. I NEEEEEED to run to stay awake during my intense study sessions. Without it I end up napping on my books. Glad you are feelin better!