Sunday, September 9, 2007

Weekly Recap 09/03/07 - 09/09/07

Whew, one crazy week! I'm somewhat surprised I survived. But here I am, and here is the recap.

Monday: Usually a rest day, but I felt like running! 4 1/2 miles this day, it felt great to go out and run for fun!

Tuesday: Tempo/hill workout. I didn't run as hard as usual because I wasn't sure how my ankle would react to a hard workout. It handled it just fine.

Wednesday: Recovery run *after* my 8am class, when the sun was out and I could see those pot holes! Good run, it was too quick for a recovery run.

Thursday: Yasso 800's! This run told me I'm in better shape than I thought. I averaged 2:48.6 for 10x 800m with active rest. This tells me I should be ready for a 2:50 at Chicago!

Friday: Rest! Finally! Lots of stretching, rice, and pasta.

Saturday: Long long run, 24 miles! This run felt great. I had a slight pain in my left hip the evening after this, but it didn't stick around.

Sunday: Easy 5 miles with the Bluegrass Runners. I took this run very easy because of my legs recovering from my extremely long run yesterday.

Total mileage: 56.55, a new high!


All in all this was a great week of training. I may have pushed it too hard, since I had to cut back a little bit last week for my ankle. Regardless, it is said and done. We will find out if I'm able to recover from it over the course of the next few days. Next week is a recovery week, and I need it! One hard week after that, then its time for taper madness!

Happy running,

-Doug

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog (thanks to Marcy) -I hope this doesn't sound insulting, but you're the first person I've met closest to my age (I'll be 21 in 3 months) & who's also in school. But that's about where our similarities end, haha. You're a much more seasoned runner than I am. Interesting blog though! Keep up the great work.

P.S. What are you studying in school?

nwgdc said...

Great week, Doug! You're right about the Yasso's also--especially after working out for an hour and a half before I did them. they really are a good simulator of a marathon. I was feeling "woozy" at about the 7th one! Great long run this week--there's nothing like the sense of accomplishment you feel after that, and to know you can nap guilt-free is priceless!

Marcy said...

10x800?!? That's madness :P Pretty rockin week!! ;D ;D