Saturday, January 5, 2008

"Easy" Five

I woke up this morning around 9am ready to run. My legs felt fresh after a few days completely off, it was raining, and I was just feeling it. So I went out for what was to be a nice easy 5 1/2 miles; my longest run since October 7th.

The run started and I clocked off the first mile in 7:24, and I decided that was acceptably easy so I stopped paying attention to my Garmin. Then what? Well, here's the splits:

7:24
7:08
7:06
6:52
6:53
3:38 (thats 7:11 pace for 0.51 miles)

Going quick felt amazing and surprisingly effortless. My legs feel the quicker pace a little bit tonight, but not my hip! Its feeling good as new!

After my run I went out to the bike shop to get the death traps for my feet. By that, of course, I mean the clipless pedals for my bike:

The new pedals


The contraption on my shoe that attaches to the pedal

Supposedly, these new gadgets are going to make me able to bike significantly faster. However, they're also going to cause me to fall on my face at some point. I've been practicing getting out of the pedals all night, but I know I'm probably going to topple over when I stop tomorrow! Don't worry, I'll be posting picture of my inevitable injuries!

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Hey speedy where's the easy in 6:52!

Oh are they Look or Time pedals, do they have any "float"? Be careful with your knees! The best thing about clipins is that you can pull as well as push, you'll see what I mean.

Just need to get you some hills!

Marcy said...

That shiz just looks scary to me LOL