Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekly Recap 01/21/08 - 01/27/08

Monday: Went all out on the stationary bike for an hour. Counted as 20 miles. Ab workout in the evening.

Tuesday: Ran an easy 4 1/2 miles in the morning, had a great swim in the evening!

Wednesday: Fairly easy 45 minutes on the stationary bike. Skipped abs in the evening due to the step back week.

Thursday: Woke up for the 5:30am run and put in 6 miles. Completely screwed up my sleep schedule by taking a nap after dinner. Apparently got angry with the alarm on my cell phone, slept for 2 1/2 hours and missed my swim. I guess I needed the sleep?

Friday: Rest day! Got a massage in the morning. I did a short ab workout (~30 minutes) in the evening.

Saturday: Ran six miles. TNT meeting afterwards, then 30 minutes on the stationary bike. The 30 minutes disappeared, I felt like I just sat down when it was time to stop.

Sunday: Swam in the morning, then got antsy so I got my 3 mile run in shortly afterwards.

Total run: 19.74 miles (-3 from last week)
Total bike: 45 miles (-15 from last week)
Total swim: 1.5 (-0.75 from last week)
RHR: (Taking it this evening)

-------------------------------------

All in all a successful step back week. These past few days I've felt pretty well rested with no aches or pains. Doing pretty good energy wise too, maybe too good, since I've had trouble sleeping the past few nights.

I've also survived another week where practically everybody in my classes is sick. Apparently working out and eating healthy is just what I need to keep my immune system going full steam!

The big news for the week is joining Team in Training. We haven't had any team practices just yet, but it should be fun once it gets going. I've had to rework my schedule a little bit to incorporate the TNT workouts without adding any extras every week, but it should workout all right. Theres only one I have to miss every week, but that is due to teaching. We're hardly expected to make it to all the practices, but I've decided I want to do everything possible to help both myself and the team; and thats part of it!

Thats all I got, hope everybody had a great week!

9 comments:

Bill Carter said...

Doug

I am still totally blown away at how far and how fast you can travel on a bike. One hour and 20 miles...

I am a little suspicious about this latest "massage". Was this person a professional masseuse or a coed from school?? (I am mostly just kidding:-))

Glad everything is going so well with your training and I expect that this week will see you refreshed.

Marcy said...

LMAO Bill! I love how he says "mostly kidding" :P Inquiring minds must know! Maybe you got a "happy ending" massage we don't know about?

P.O.M. said...

Keep takin' your vitamins youngin. ha ha.

Ryan said...

I'm with you about eating healthy and exercising when it comes to an immunity boost. I sub and am surrounded by "sick" kids all day and so far this season I am sniffle free. Enjoy your rest and thanks for the TNT insight.

Jess said...

Good job on staying healthy. I think I've caught a bug of some kind -- damn students! They must lick their papers before handing them in to me.

nwgdc said...

i'm about an hour and a half from Racine...easy trip down to see you rock the triathlon!

P.O.M. said...

Yes, that was me.

Kick butt!

Christine said...

So my hip hurts like..i dunno how to explain it. But when I walk...it pops. Does that sound familiar? HELPPP!!! haha

Viv said...

Your welcome for the donation. It was not much, but every lil bit helps. LMAO @ Marcy's "happy ending" massage! Glad you are stying healthy when most of us are caving in to this junk going around.