Thursday, January 3, 2008

Unscheduled Rest Day

This morning I woke up at 9am with every intent of getting some errands taking care of, running, and heading back to Kentucky. Well, I was pooped. Again.

I got up for a little bit, packed for 30 minutes or so, then went back to bed until 11:30. I'm calling this over training from my really sharp increase in working on this past week or so, and decided just to take today completely off. I still got my errands and packing done, but working out definitely didn't happen at all.

Tomorrow I'm heading back to Kentucky, no matter what. I gotta get back there so I can get my stuff in order before this next semester starts.

I've been looking at my tentative race schedule for 2008, too. I want to do a few half marathons, few sprint triathlons, one marathon, and a half ironman if things all go my way. As always, some spontaneous 5k's will probably appear as long as I stay injury free. Here's the races I'm considering.

02/09/08 - 9 on the 9th - Theres no way I can pass this one up!

04/06/08 - Spirit of St. Louis Half Marathon - Some friends are wanting to run this one, so I'm thinking about heading there to see old friends and tear up the pavement.

04/19/08 - River to River Relay - This was the most fun race I did last year, so I gotta do it again. 8 runners, 80 miles, going mostly non-stop from sunrise to sunset. Its a great way to meet great runners.

05/04/08 - Flying Pig Half Marathon - Everybody is telling me great things about this half marathon. Also, they have a "Pump N' Run" event that looks fun; check it out!

07/20/08 - Spirit of Racine Half Ironman - If I do a half IM, I want it to be late in the summer so I have time to train, but I don't want it to interfere with school. I also want time to do specific training for Chicago. This race just meets those requirements and is fairly close to where I live.

08/10/08 - Greater Cleveland Half Ironman - Same as above, mostly mentioning them due to their logistics.

10/12/08 - Chicago Marathon - I have a bone to pick with this race. I got jipped time-wise last year, and I'm going back to show what I'm made of. Who's with me?!


I'm sure some other races will come up, and some of these will fade away, but I gotta start somewhere and have something to work towards!

Who's ready for a great '08?

7 comments:

Stuart said...

Busy, busy, busy; looks like a good year.

Dave - Atlanta Trails said...

Nice schedule...good luck this year!

Marcy said...

Dude you're a maniac! LOL Looks good!!

nwgdc said...

"pump and run" looks awesome! you won't be disappointed with the hills in cincy. Racine is in my neck of the woods--i'm making note of the date--parhaps a pacer for the half marathon will be available.
oh, yeah, and about chicago--it OWES us!

Jess said...

That looks like a great schedule for '08!

Nancy said...

I hope you're not getting sick. Maybe your body is just fighting it off and it is taking all your energy to kill the bugs. I hope so.

Looks like an action packed year. Can't wait to see it all happen.

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Well no wonder you are tired, did you see that race schedule you just typed? Heck - I am tired now.

Seriously, looks like fun - I can't wait to see what 2008 brings for you.

Have you thought about trying an Olympic distance before July as a dress rehearsal? It will help get transitions and fuel down before the big one.

Amy @ runnerslounge